Published On: August 23, 2018
Reviewed: July, 27, 2020
Flagship Biosciences, Inc. (“we”, “us”, or “our”; such references also include our affiliates and subsidiaries, as applicable) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Website Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes how we process and use personal information we collect from you when you visit and use our website. Other documents posted on our website and any other terms referenced on this website or in those policies or terms, may further describe Flagship Biosciences, Inc.’s personal information practices as such practices are described therein.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting any page on this website (“our site”), or taking any action on our site, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Statement.
Information We May Collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal Information you provide to us. The types of personal information you give us may include: contact information such as your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, online chat, email, or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you contact us about the site; enter a competition, promotion or survey; and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, and phone number.
- Other Information we may collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser and plug-in types and versions, and information about your operating system and operating platform; and
- information about your interaction with our website, such as the pages you visited on our website, products you viewed or searched for, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to our site, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. This information may be shared internally and combined with information collected on this site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners; subcontractors in technical, delivery services; advertising networks; analytics providers; search information providers; and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Cookies and Do Not Track
How We May Use Your Information
We may use information about you in the following ways:
- Personal Information you may provide to us. We may use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service and offerings and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in an appropriate manner for you and for your computer, and is tailored to you;
- to provide technical support and other support services;
- to enforce our legal rights or comply with applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies; and
- to perform other activities consistent with this Statement.
- Other Information we may collect about you. We and our service providers may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in an appropriate manner for you and for your computer, as well as to improve our products and service offerings;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising served to you, and to deliver, or allow our service providers to deliver, relevant advertising to you, including interest-based advertising (otherwise known as “online behavioral advertising”); and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about software or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine information we receive from third parties with personal information you give to us and other information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries. Such sharing will be for our reasonable business purposes, consistent with the types of uses for which we use your personal information as described in this Statement.
We may also share your personal information with other selected third parties, including:
- business partners, suppliers, and subcontractors, who have contractually agreed to keep your information secure and confidential and to use it only for the purpose for which it was supplied, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- third-party customer support providers;
- advertisers, marketers, and advertising and marketing networks that use the information to select and serve relevant ads to you and others on our site, on other sites, and in apps, as permitted under applicable law and in accordance with your communication preferences; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
Finally, we may disclose your personal information:
- in the event that we or our affiliates or subsidiaries contemplate or enter into a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets, in which case we or our affiliates or subsidiaries may disclose your personal information as part of that deal;
- if we have a good faith belief that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions governing our products or services, or other agreements between us and you or between us and any third parties that relate to you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Flagship Biosciences, Inc. and our customers, our affiliates or subsidiaries, their customers, or other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud and network protection.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY INFORMATION AND MATERIAL YOU POST OR DISCLOSE ON MESSAGE BOARDS, FORUMS, ONLINE CHAT PROGRAMS, PROFILE PAGES, AND BLOGS WILL BECOME PUBLIC INFORMATION AND MAY BE AVAILABLE TO USERS AND TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. WE URGE YOU TO BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DECIDING TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, ONLINE.
Where We Process Your Personal Information
The information which we collect from you may be transferred to, processed at, and stored in the USA or any location where our subsidiaries, affiliates, or service providers maintain facilities. By submitting your personal information, you hereby consent and agree to this transfer, storing, or processing.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, if applicable, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. If you believe that your password has been compromised, please immediately notify us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will aim to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security measures to protect it from misuse, unauthorized, or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage, or destruction, including by implementing physical, technological, and organizational safeguards.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites, including the websites of our third-party networks and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and information practices for which we are not responsible. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing-related messages from Flagship Biosciences, Inc. and our sharing of your personal information with affiliates, subsidiaries, and third parties for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by, where applicable, using any “unsubscribe” button or link that is contained in any emails we may send to you or by registering your preference on certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact details shown below. However, we do reserve the right to continue sending you messages that are related to your relationship with us or to prior transactions between you and us.
Our site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information:
- for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with products or services or to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
- for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it.
After your service or receipt of products has expired or terminated, we may delete your name, email address, and transactional data, so that we limit our ability to reasonably identify you.
Provisions Applicable to California Residents Only
If you are a California resident, you have a right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This same California law permits us to provide you, in response to your written request, with a cost-free means to choose not to have your information shared rather than providing the above described information. To that end, you may request that we do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
If you are a California resident under 18 years of age and a registered user of our services, you may request that we remove content and information that you post on our services. To obtain removal of such content and information, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of the content or information you would like to have removed. Please note that such a request does not necessarily ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content posted by you, since the content and information may remain in our databases, may remain visible in a manner that does not identify you, or may have been re-posted by another user.
Provisions Applicable to Citizens of European Economic Area Only
You have the right (we suggest by using the contact details below), to request, in accordance with data protection laws: access to, rectification, and erasure of your personal information; restriction of processing of personal information; objecting to certain processing of personal information; and a right to make a subject access request.
Where any processing of personal information is solely dependent upon your consent, such as marketing to you, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time (we suggest by using the unsubscribe option in the relevant communication).
Where you believe that we have not processed your personal information in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, you may lodge a complaint with the respective supervisory authority/data protection regulator.
The provision of personal information by you will be for contractual, marketing, or analytical purposes as referred to above. If we do not have access to such personal information from you, then we will not be able to undertake the above types of services for you.
We are located in the United States and all information given to us will be transferred to the United States if collected outside of the United States. The government of the EU has decided that the United States does not have adequate safeguards for the protection of personal data. As such, you consent to all such transfers knowing that there is a risk that your personal data in such country is not required to be protected to the same extent as in the EU due to the absence of an adequacy decision by the appropriate EU regulators and the lack of appropriate safeguards required in the United States.
Accessing, Updating, or Correcting Information
You have a right, in accordance with applicable laws, to access, update, correct, and in some cases request removal of the personal information held about you. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. Any access request will be subject to the relevant fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law. We may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, as required under applicable legal obligations, and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. Further details can be obtained by using the contact details shown below.
WE MAY WITHHOLD INFORMATION WHERE THE SEARCH FOR THAT INFORMATION WOULD REQUIRE DISPROPORTIONATE EFFORT OR HAVE A DISPROPORTIONATE EFFECT DUE TO, FOR EXAMPLE, THE COST OF PROVIDING THE DATA, THE TIME IT WOULD TAKE TO RETRIEVE THE DATA, OR HOW DIFFICULT IT MAY BE TO OBTAIN THE DATA REQUESTED.
Changes to Our Statement
We reserve the right to revise or modify this Statement. If we do, we will post a prominent notice on our website prior to the change becoming effective. We may also send you an email. If the changes would have the effect of introducing a purpose for the use of your personal information that is inconsistent with this Statement, and where required by applicable law, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to either notify you or provide you with an opportunity to opt-out from us making such use. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Statement.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Statement should be addressed to: email@example.com.
FOR THE PURPOSE OF EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION LAWS, THE DATA CONTROLLER FOR PURCHASES OF OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IS FLAGSHIP BIOSCIENCES, INC., 7575 W 103RD AVE, SUITE 102, WESTMINSTER, CO 80021.