The Project Coordinator, Data Specialist, under limited supervision, participates in project-related tasks including data management, quality control, and ensures accurate and timely data transfers. The Data Specialist confers with the Project Management Organization (PMO) and Quality Assurance department, as well as individual project team members, to understand the data transfer requirements of the client and to help serve as a point person for data transfer activity.
Important attributes of a Data Specialist include attention to detail and organizational skills. This position interacts with colleagues, vendors and customers/clients across all demographics and professional levels. It is also important that the individual in this position possess strong interpersonal communication skills in order to establish and maintain credibility in this role and ensure effective, timely completion of projects/tasks.
Job Classification – Full time, non-exempt Reports to: PMO Manager
In This Role You Will:
- Coordinate data transfer agreements (DTAs), including planning, designing, and implementation, needs assessment, setting goals and objectives with both the client contact and the internal team
- Prepare any records related to data transfers; oversee and ensure the timely delivery of data
- Ensure consistency, accuracy, and adherence to relevant regulations, DTAs, and company standard operating procedures
- Serve as primary contact for any client data groups and respond to questions or issues as they relate to DTAs, data transfers, or data reconciliations
- Contribute to the design of databases and forms, ensuring they meet requirements for entry and reporting of clinical data of varying complexity
- Develop and test new processes and systems for management of data in clinical trials
- Assist project team members with reviewing and verifying the accuracy of data and information used or generated; work with Project Manager to resolve any discrepancies
- Work with immediate supervisor to assess/set priorities and to communicate problems that may be of moderate complexity and provide recommendations for solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience with data transfers and data management
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Knowledge of Statistical Analysis Software (SAS), including input, output, and conversions
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision while also working as part of a team
- Ability to identify and communicate issues while proposing possible solutions
- Excellent planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Able to listen and ask clarifying questions regarding issues being communicated from project members and make appropriate linkages to client data needs
- Ability to clearly articulate, discuss, and debate issues critical to ensuring technical progress
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) with mastery of Excel, including ability to build Excel macros
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members across all departments and levels of the organization
- Must be proficient in English, both verbal and written
Typical work environment is primarily an office setting where significant time is spent using a computer.
What We Offer: competitive pay, generous benefits package, flexible schedule, dynamic team environment, and professional development opportunities
Thank you for your interest in Flagship Biosciences!